Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oh Good Grief - I've Turned Into My Mother

I just shut my door and laid down to take a nap on my office floor because I was so tired. After about 10 seconds, it occurred to me that I have become my mother. My mother keeps a pillow and blanket under her desk in her office so she can cat nap between patients. I always thought it was such an old lady thing to do even though my mother is the most un-old lady I know.

It was actually kind of nice to stretch out during the work day but I couldn't relax because I kept envisioning my secretary seeing me on the floor and thinking I had passed out. How she would have seen me through the solid locked door is beyond me, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. Anyway, my mother may have a good plan - resting during the day.

Okay, so I've become my mother a little bit. That's alright, I guess. But I'll be damned if I'm going to give up wearing high-heels because they are uncomfortable and switch to only Birkenstocks. And there is no way I'm going to start eating herring for breakfast with dry toast. And I'm sure not going to start hording toilet paper like it's the end of the world. I have my standards, after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you need a nap, you need a nap.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you also turned into Charlie Brown.

Jennifer said...

Whenever I start pulling tissues, a book, a sweater, etc, from my purse I feel like my mom.
(Oh, plus I look exactly like her, so whenever I look in a mirror I feel like I'm turning into her, too.)

Anonymous said...

After last weekend at Summercamp, I will never take toilet paper for granted again. Only half of the portable toilets had toilet paper, and most of those rolls were...well...not usable.