Friday, February 6, 2009

I Think I Have PTSD

Yes, it is true. I am suffering from PTSD brought on by eight years of a George W. Bush presidency. I had no idea this affliction had taken hold in my psyche until I read the news story that reported that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had been admitted to the hospital for pancreatic cancer surgery.

My initial reaction?

God FUCKING Dammit!! Great! Now she's going to retire and that baboon's ass Bush is going to put ANOTHER uber-conservative 50 year old white guy on the Supreme Court who will spend the REST of his FUCKING ivy-league, stick-up-his-ass, dumber-than-a-bag-of-hair, no-compassion-for-the-little-people, waste of a life fucking up our country, destroying what is left of the Bill of Rights, pushing his religious agenda, and generally making my life MORE of a living hell than it already is. I mean, REALLY. That excuse-for-a-president-of-BumbleFuck-school-board Bush apparently thinks packing the Court with people like Samuel Alito and John Roberts (who can't even get the fucking PRESIDENTIAL OATH OF OFFICE right) is the best way to have the Supreme Court of the United States represent the actual people of the United States because anyone with a vagina or non-white skin doesn't have any value whatsoever . . . .

Wait.

Wait a minute . . . .

And the clouds parted, and I realized . . . George W. Bush is not the President anymore.

And the relief washed over me like a warm rain in August. Ahhhhhhhhh.

Not that I want Ginsburg to retire. I love Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I've met her personally and she is a lovely woman with an amazing sense of justice, fairness, and reason. But now I don't have to live in fear of the day that either she or John Paul Stevens retires. At least for the next four years, we are safe.

3 comments:

Emerge Peoria said...

Hilarious!

My first thought was wow President Obama will get to appoint a new Supreme. Yes!

Then I realized, hold up - I like Ginsberg - I hope she gets better soon.

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Yeah then I start to get anxious about what will happen at the next election in 4 freakin years!! God damn idiot Bush.

Anonymous said...

Really a nice post-good insight, great English language! It is very clear why you like Ginsberg, who is the dumbest Justice to ever sit on the Court (except Thomas maybe).