Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Was Good at Four Square, Actually

From an email exchange with my brother yesterday about looking for a place for the family to have drinks before the god-awful dinner at my Aunt's house before my Uncle's memorial service:

My dad: Since the group has gotten a little large for drinks in a hotel room on Friday, we are trying to find a bar where we, the Family that is, can assemble at five if we choose to do so. Everyone will buy their own, and following that, J is planning a dinner at the house. Of course there will be no drinks there. Grandpa really wants to have his family around him. J will not be excluded but I’d doubt she’ll want to do it.

My brother: I might have some contacts in the wine/liquor industry in Minneapolis. But what exactly are we looking for? Something that can accommodate everyone? How large is large? I can bounce ideas off of [Ms. PH] from the time she lived there.

Me: I lived in Minneapolis 15 years ago and my specialty was sort of local dive bars. I'm not so sure I would be good at picking out a place now for our entire family to drink.

My brother: Ok, no bouncing ideas off [Ms. PH] then.

Me: You can bounce all you want, I just might not be able to contribute much.

My brother: It will be like a game of four square!

4 comments:

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

huh? lol Good luck that weekend! : )

Ms. PH said...

I think it may have been the only thing my brother could think of that had bouncing in it. He's a man of limited interests.

Anonymous said...

Eh, take em all to a dive bar...live it up!

Jennifer said...

I think you should take them to Bennigans.