Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm a Winner!!

After months of trying, I finally got the correct answer on Name This Peoria Landmark. I got this one right (the Methodist smokestack) probably because I stare at it every day from my office window.

This win came at a good time for me and NTPL - I was on the edge. I was about to give up. I only know about one out of every 20 photos posted. It is just no fun to play if you know you are not likely to win. (How's about that for some insight into my psyche?) But, I am back on good terms with NTPL. For now.

Anyway, I am on the edge of my seat wondering what my white elephant prize will be?? White elephants can vary widely. Once, I got a three-pack of plastic beehive wigs as a white elephant gift. On the other hand, I also got a bottle of rum once. It wasn't a great bottle of rum, but it did the trick. Another time, I got a food dehydrator, which I was really excited about. However, I used it once and it wasn't so much a food dehydrator as a food rubberizor. It made really, really chewy dried tomatoes and bananas. My dentist wouldn't approve. I haven't used it since.

With my rediscovered zeal for NTPL, I encourage all of you to play. It is more fun that way. Except for Chef Kevin. He always beats me to the punch on the ones I actually know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While the post you are referring to was not a qualifying 'white elephant' post, I'm a sucker for free plugs. Be checking you mailbox.

Chef Kevin said...

Watch out for left over gift certificates to Bar Louie.

Ms. PH, we have something in common: we only know about 1 in 20 NTPL pictures.

Anonymous said...

1/20... better odds than I have had so far. I've known not a one, despite being raised in the Peoria area and living here most of my adult life....

tsheets said...

Congrats, PH!! I have only known a few since it started!! I don't usually guess, because I have no clue, or it's been solved already. But it's fun to watch.

Floyd said...

You had a little help!! 8-)