Friday, August 1, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Rixblix tagged me to disclose six random things about myself. Here it is, Rix!

Tag Rules:
(1) Link to the person who tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on the blog.
(3) Write six random things about yourself.
(4) Tag six people at the end of your post.
(5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
(6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

My six random things:

(1) I have been to every state in the United States except Florida, Alaska, and Hawaii.

(2) I took a year off between high school and college and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

(3) When I was a freshman in high school, I wanted to be an architect. My school counselor suggested I take a mechanical drafting class, so I signed up for it. The first day of class, I walked in and I was the only girl in the class. The teacher pulled me aside and said, "We have never had a girl take this class. Wouldn't you be happier if you took art?" I was 14 years old and I was totally intimidated so I dropped the class and took art. I'd love to go back and smack that teacher in the head.

(4) On my mother's side, I am the first generation born in the United States.

(5) When I was 9, my grandfather built for me (at my request) a set of bunk beds just like the one Arnold and Willis shared on Diff'rent Strokes, except mine had white posts instead of brown posts. (I would totally link to an episode that shows the bed, except for the fact that I can't figure out how to do it and am getting really frustrated and pissed off. If you really want to see it, go to YouTube and search for Diff'rent Strokes Movin' In Part 2.) That bed is still in my parents' basement.

(6) In 1987, my brother and I both appeared on the front page of our small town newspaper. He had won an art contest and I had been selected for the All-State Orchestra.

I'm tagging Eyebrows, Peoria Illinoisan, Reno (because he bitched on Rix's blog), Mistress of the Post, Morton Malaise, and East Bluff Barbie (because she needs a reason to post - please?).

3 comments:

Rixblix said...

What a good sport you are! And what a coupla band/orchestra geeks we are! Maybe we could do some chamber music at one of Flam's parties.

Ms. PH said...

I must have been stuck in a 70s and 80s story rut about myself with those 6 things. Apparently, nothing random has happened to me in the last 20 years.

Or, nothing random I want to share on my blog! (Yeah, that's it - that's much more mysterious!)

Anonymous said...

O-ho, you dastardly devil, you.