Monday, January 12, 2009

Folsum Daycare Blues

One of the added benefits of XM radio is the station for "younger" children. (As an aside, the Ms. PH of five years ago would have shot herself if she knew she was going to be making a statement like that one. On her behalf, I would like to say . . . barf.) We listen on the way to day care every morning and it gives us a break from our regular kids’ CD playlist.

I have to admit, I find a lot of the programming amusing. It is a little above my three year old’s head, but she laughs if I laugh. But what sold it for me this morning was Ralph’s World singing "Folsum Daycare Blues." Yes, it is exactly what you think it is. And it is fabulous.

Folsum Daycare Blues

Well, I hear the teacher comin’, walking across the room
I ain’t seen the sun shine, and now it’s nearly noon
I’m stuck in Folsom Day Care, time keeps draggin’ by
I hear the teacher comin’, I hang my head and cry

When I was a baby, my Mama told me, son
Be nice to other children, share your toys with everyone
Well I pushed a toddler over, just to watch him fall
I’m here in Folsom Day Care, and it’s no fun at all

If I was a little taller, if the minivan was mine
I’d take it for a drive a little further down the line
Far from Folsom Day Care, that’s where I long to be
I hear the teacher comin’, and that’s what tortures me
Hey

I don’t like their naptime, and I won’t eat their snacks
There’s so many runny noses I don’t know what I’m gonna catch
But my Mom and Dad have left me, and I just don’t why
I’m stuck in Folsom Day Care, I hang my head and cr
y

I think my favorite part is "Well, I pushed a toddler over, just to watch him fall." That was exactly what I needed on a dreary Monday morning.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sacrilege, pure and simple. How dare they tarnish such a brilliant song? What's next, a toddler version of Highway 61 Revisited? For shame. For. Shame.

Katie said...

That is fabulous! I wasn't aware that Ralph's World was so funny!!

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Priceless. I think that is enough to make me want XM radio! : )

Ms. PH said...

I think Cory has a case of the Mondays. :(

Mama T said...

LOL...
Thats the exact line that made me chuckle.

Wishing I had XM now.

:o)

Anonymous said...

You all are sick. Your kids HATE day care and this is why. They are just too young and scared to tell you. READ these lyrics... really READ them and put yourselves in their little helpless shoes. Day care is ruining our children and you are singing it's praises. next time this song comes on it should make you sick to "drop your kids off" at day care.

Ms. PH said...

I think Anonymous has a case of the I-wasn't-given-a-sense-of-humor-at-birth blues. I know you can't help it, Anonymous . . . you were born that way.

Anonymous said...

It's ok...I have a great sense of humor but I guess I don't think it is funny that you stick your child in a day care where these things really happen and you think it is funny. Whatever helps you sleep at night. We reep what we sew and your children WILL reflect the time they were taken care of by strangers and not their momma. But they are your kids...goodluck with that.

Mama T said...

To Anonymous:

Fuck off, get a life, go away and bug someone else.

Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

The truth is hard to hear...I know.

Mama T said...

Your condescending Douchebaggery does not effect anyone here...including me. The truth does hurt apparently since you aren't even truthful enough to stop hiding behind your anonymous moniker. I'll let you in on a little secret though...I know who you are...I traced the IP address this morning, and if you don't knock it off...I WILL shame you publicly.

I'm DONE with all of you anonymous morons and your drama stirring...

So, knock it off and as I said before...go bug someone else.

Think I am bluffing?...keep your drama-mongering up, and see what quickly transpires after.

Anonymous said...

I was only slightly offended by the song being sung to a classic like Folsom Prison, but after reading that anonymous dude I'm sort-of left speechless. What a nut. Lighten up.

Laura Petelle said...

reap ... sow. Trolling works better with proper spelling.

Mahkno said...

Great song...

When it comes to daycare, you get what you pay for. Quality varies wildly. It is very easy to go wrong with daycares but some people are pinched and can't afford anything good. Our first born thrived in the program we placed him in.

Anonymous said...

Does Anonymous also think that Miss Muffet really got hurt on that tuffet? Or that Humpty Dumpty suffered multiple fractures? Oh...yeah, and Mary's little lambs got lost because Mary's mom's a bitch who MADE her go to school instead of stay home and care for her animals. Good grief.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Anon could go read her/his kids some Grimm Fairytales... gosh, are those things really based on fact? Anon, if you were such a great parent, would you be wasting time trolling? Shouldn't you be making oatmeal cookies? Eating your canned goods from last summer? Don't you have ironing you should be doing?

Anonymous said...

ativan sale ativan side effects senior citizens - how to buy ativan