Monday, January 26, 2009

Girl Talk

I’m sure there are guys who assume when women get together, we just talk about our feelings and make-up and shoes and purses. Oh, and we always have a pillow fight in our underwear. Truthfully, some of that is true. Except we almost always have naked pillow fights.

Last night, Katie and I were on our way to book club. One of our dear book club members just had a beautiful baby girl on Thursday. In addition, about 500 of our closest friends are currently pregnant. For any woman, even two women not wanting or expecting to be pregnant, the presence of so much pregnancy tends to invade every day conversations. So, that’s the back story for this conversation:

Me: Sometimes I wonder if my uterus is all old and dried up.

Katie: You are NOT that old!

Me: I’ll be 38 this year. 38!!

Katie: You have a solid ten years left of good uterus.

Me: Ten years?? I don’t want to have a baby at 48!! I’m not going to be using my uterus for that at 48!

Katie: Oh, well, yeah . . . that. I wouldn’t recommend having a baby after 45.

Me: What the hell did you think I was talking about using my uterus for? Extra storage space?

Katie: Oh my god . . . I’m having the weirdest mental picture!

[stop talking to giggle about what we could store in our uteruses (uteri?)]

Me: Wow. There’s a thought. It would be a really good place to keep my keys. I can NEVER find my keys when I need them.

Katie: It would be like the Great Room of a house!

Me: Well, really . . . it does fulfill all of your families needs.

[more giggling]

Katie: So, if the vagina is the Great Room . . . .

Me: No, the uterus is the Great Room. The vagina is more like the entryway to the Great Room.

Katie: Like the doorway. Wait, no . . . the labia is like the doorway, the vagina is the entryway and the uterus is the Great Room. That works.

[more giggling]

Katie: So . . . what’s the anus?

Me: The man cave?

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love girl talk but I have a feeling this conversation will really creep out all the man out there!

Katie said...

ROFL! I am still cracking up!!

I told Ron that story last night and he was not even remotely amused or entertained. Geesh!

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

You should teach sex ed with that as your presentation. LOL

Cameron said...

The man cave that we're never allowed to enter!!!

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

Can I just say I am elated at the recognition that the vagina is an internal structure! Why the more correct term vulva generally gets no love baffles me.

steenky bee said...

Ew. Leave it to Cameron to make a "back door" joke.

Men should also know that when the lady folk get together, we also talk about menstration, tampons and all things that men need to do around the house (no, Cameron, no back door entry).

steenky bee said...

P.S.: Can I join your book club, or at least drive you guys. You sound like fun.

Mama T said...

LOL...You two are really funny.
But, true to form I have to say that there are a few things that I like to store there that are not keys. ;o)
Sorry about that, just had to say it. I can never pass up a pervy joke.

HUGS.

Billy Dennis said...

I'll let you in on a secret. When men get together, we talk about the same thing.

Vaginas.

And breasts.

Ms. PH said...

Sorry to burst your bubble, Billy, but that's no secret.

Anonymous said...

This was a suggested story on msnbc.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28885927/
Guys gone wild: 'Man caves' craze takes off

JustMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.