Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Honey . . . Those aren't Freckles

I am in Chicago fairly frequently and one of my favorite things to do is have my make-up done at Saks Fifth Avenue at my favorite cosmetics counter. I have a regular guy who does it every time. He is wonderful and makes my skin look absolutely flawless (which it is not) and, of course, sells me wonderful products.

I visited him yesterday and, after washing and moisturizing my face, we had the following conversation:

Him: "We have this fabulous new cream that will take care of those tiny age spots!"

Me: "Oh, those aren't age spots. They're freckles."

Him: "Sorry, honey, they're age spots."

Me: "But you told me last summer they were freckles!"

Him: "How old were you last summer?"

Me: "34."

Him: "How old are you this summer?"

Me: "35."

Him: "Yeah . . . they're age spots."

Me: "Damn."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So 35 is the cut-off date between young and old? Damn. I guess I'm an ol' man then.

Anonymous said...

On second thought, I must ask. Do the same rules apply for both Men and Women?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... my first inclination is yes, the rules are the same for men and for women. But then I picture my husband, having washed maybe one load of dishes in the past seven years, and I wonder if husbandhood=eternal youth...
Damn, I'm 35, too, and have many, ah.... "freckles."

Ms. PH said...

I think the difference is that, while both men and women may be considered "old" at 35 by the Bobbi Brown makeup artists, only women are encouraged to do something about it.