Monday, August 27, 2007

And I Thought Dogs Could Really Talk

My sister-in-law and I had this conversation when she was in town recently. We were having dinner at Jills on Galena (more about that later) and received New York Strip wrapped in bacon. Everyone, except for my sister-in-law, was a little drunk.

Me: Bacon!

My dad: Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon!

My mom: BACON!!

Me: "It's not bacon, but he doesn't know it! It's Beggan Strips!!" (quoting from the dog treat commercial - I can't help it. Every time I say the word bacon, I have to say it like the dog on those commercials).

Sister-in-law (giving us all the evil eye): Yes . . . we can all see that it's bacon.

Me: Don't you know that commericial? Beggan Strips? The dog rushes around, slobbering and drooling because he thinks his treats are real bacon? Hilarious!

Sister-in-law: [blank stare].

Me: You know . . . BACON!! Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon . . . ?

Sister-in-law: [blank stare].

Me: Oh, maybe not . . . I forgot you don't have a TV.

Sister-in-law (without a hint of sarcasm): Right. And, you see, because we don't have a TV, we realize dogs can't really talk.

Well, I'll be damned. You mean Scooby-Doo can't really talk?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bacon! Bacon!

Is that Bacon!?

I CAN'T READ!!!

(love that commercial)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvxgM3lr-mg

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... maybe lack of TV leads to a lack in sense of humor?



(Bacon= so good. It's the number one thing that keeps me from being a vegetarian.)

Anonymous said...

So you're saying we won't be able to get the Bush's Baked Beans recipe from that dog either? :)