Monday, August 6, 2007

Total Randomness

I have had several thoughts swirling around in my head all week. Nothing that adds up to a whole post, but worth writing down.

(1) I got this new deodorant that smells like silly putty. It says it is supposed to smell like "cashmere" whatever cashmere smells like. Every morning, I put it on and think, "Great, now I smell like silly putty, didn't they test the scent before marketing it?"

(2) Yes, Mr. Clerk of Court, when I requested all 200 of the government's trial exhibits, I actually meant all 200, except for exhibit # 146. Thank you.

(3) When I put on a bandana low on my forehead and put on a red straw cowboy hat, I look a little like Bret Michaels. But, you know, cuter.

(4) No matter how old I get, I still look like a 12-year-old when my hair is in pigtails, even low pigtails. I don't know why I keep trying - I see other women my age who look kind of cool and funky-sexy with their hair in pigtails. I look like Cindy Brady.

(5) I don't think anyone should ever have to work Friday afternoons. Think of how much happier we would be.

(6) Apparently, Bradley and the College of Medicine have conspired to double my 10-minute commute to and from work by BOTH blocking lanes of traffic on Main Street for their construction projects. Jeez.

(7) Another step toward total geeky adulthood - I purchased a fancy electric toothbrush for myself for my birthday. And I kind of like it, once the vibrations in my head stop.

(8) Thailand is punishing their naughty police officers by making them wear Hello Kitty armbands. Who came up with this idea? For one, this is total abuse of the Hello Kitty-ness I love. Second, they only have to wear the bands in the police station. Third, they have to wear them for offenses such as littering, tardiness, and bad parking. Yeah, that'll work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

RE #5: I would add Monday Morning.

Can you say GRUMPY.

Kevin Lowe said...

LOL

(2) I never have liked State's Exhibit 146.

(3) I always thought, back in the day, Bret Michaels could pass for a woman. But, then again, so could a lot of those guys in hair bands (Poison, Motley Crue, Stryper, Ratt . . .)

(5) Yes, how much "happier" many of us would be. Particularly those of us who go to happy hours after work on Fridays.

Chef Kevin said...

(5) I don't think anyone should ever have to work Friday afternoons. Think of how much happier we would be.


AGGGGGG!!! Who would get me my happy hour beer? :)

Ms. PH said...

Kevin -

In my perfect world, here's how Friday afternoons would go. Leave work at noon, pick up baby. Take baby home, put him to bed for a three hour nap (remember, it's a perfect world). Everyone in neighborhood is home, having party in street with BBQ and beer.

Kevin Lowe said...

PH: Nice, I could buy into your vision of Friday Utopia.