Friday, May 25, 2007

Blogging from Home

No, not my home, my parents' home. I am taking a long weekend away from Peoria and enjoying the good life at my parents' house. Unlike some people, I really like hanging out with my parents and this is a real vacation for me. A paid vacation, since they always pay for everything, except gas money to get here (which was significant, I must say.)

The three main benefits of my parents house? First, good food. My mother is a very good cook, so there is no need for restaurants. In addition, I have been invited to attend their very exclusive gourmet dinner club as a guest. Every month, a bunch of couples get together and choose a menu from epicurious.com and each make at least one dish. Yum! Although, I have the suspicion that I am only allowed to come as a single because this is a set up. My parents never give up.

Second, good wine. My parents live by the motto, "Life's too short to drink cheap wine." No problem.

Third, child care by Gran. Aside from the midnight bottle, my mom does most child care. Ahh . . . almost heaven!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That sounds perfect.
I get along with my parents, too; it's amazing how much easier it is when you don't live with them.