Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Overheard at my Parents' House

Mom: Oh, I got an email from Olivia today about dinner on Friday. She said she loves sweetbreads, so the menu is OK with her.

Dad: Really, she likes sweetbreads? Maybe she is just being nice by not telling us she doesn't like something on our menu.

Mom: Well, she's stuck eating them now. You would have to be really brave to lie about loving sweetbreads - it would be really hard to fake your way through the course if you didn't like them.

The moral of the story? Honesty is always the best policy if you are having dinner with my parents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh.

Anonymous said...

I'll double that Ugh and throw in a Bleech!

I thought you were talking Avanti's type sweetbread.

Ms. PH said...

Actually, they are quite good if they are prepared correctly and you don't think about what you are eating.