Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I've Been Tagged - Why I Blog

Jennifer has thoughtfully tagged the new girl to answer the question, "Why I Blog." I feel so special! And I was always the last one picked to play dodgeball - my, how the world has changed. So, why do I blog?

First, I blog because I feel that I have something to say and not enough people captive to listen to me on a daily basis. This is probably why I have a cat and a dog and a baby. They are all pretty good listeners, particularly when they are asleep, but not very good conversationalists.

Second, I blog because I think bloggers are hilarious. I started reading blogs a couple of years ago, but they were just professional/law blogs. Then I was introduced to Eyebrows McGee. Her blog has become a daily habit of mine because her insightful and amusing style is contagious. And she is a fellow lawyer, so I can relate, although she uses many more $5 words than I do and thinks WAY more about her yard than I ever will.

Third, I blog because I like to write and my professional writing does not always satisfy the creative urge.

Fourth, I blog because it makes me feel like more a part of the Peoria community. Since I didn't grow up here and don't have family here, I don't always feel like I totally "get" Peoria. By exchanging ideas over blogs, I feel like a part of the community and I am starting to understand Peoria. Or a particularly odd subsection of it.

Fifth, I blog because Peoria Illinoisan made me do it. He may seem like a nice guy, but he can be very pushy.

So, there it is. As far as tagging other people, I am sure I am going to tag someone who has already been "it" so, if you are reading this, and you're a blogger and you haven't been tagged (or haven't responded to a tag), consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, that nice guy thing is just a ruse.