Friday, October 10, 2008

The PH Children Fail Picture Day. Miserably.

A couple of weeks ago, the kids' school had picture day. I wasn't holding high expectations for the outcome of picture day (mostly because I have more natural unposed pictures taken by a real professional photographer), but I think it is fun to have the memories of school picture day. Well, the picture day gods and my children had other ideas.

My son was a massive failure at picture day. In all of his Totally Toddler 'Tude, he absolutely refused to participate in the individual picture. He thought it was a much better idea to rip down the set than sit on the silly box and smile. Stupid fake fall leaves . . . he's no sissy boy! Where is his Monster Truck picture background, dammit!! At least get the boy some dirt to play in, for crying outside!

So, no picture of the boy. Not even a picture of a teacher's hands restraining him from behind while he wriggled on the box and knocked over the fall leaves. Nada.

However, they did manage to get him in the class picture, although from the look on his face and his teacher's face, it looks like his teacher was physically restraining him in the picture.

Sigh.

I had higher hopes for my daughter, you know, her being a girly and whatnot. Well, she tried her hardest. But, ultimately, big fat fail. Her face looked liked someone fed her a Sour Patch Kid and then told her to smile. She looked a little like this:




But that wasn't the best part. Oh no . . . the best part was seeing her bright pink Hello Kitty underwear peeking out from in between her legs as she sat spread eagle on the pretty box amid the fall leaves.

Epic fail.

I asked the photographer for a do-over, at least for my daughter. (I didn't feel like paying the damages of her attempting to photograph my son again.) She agreed after I pointed out you could see her underwear. On do-over picture day . . . she's wearing pants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of reminds me of when we as adults go to the DMV. Gotta love those pics.

My Flock Rocks! said...

Kids school pictures are the best, or shouuld I say the worst!