Saturday, September 15, 2007

Imagine This

It's 7 am on Saturday morning. The air outside is finally chilly so my windows are open, letting in a cool breeze. I snuggle further into the lightweight down comforter. For the first time in a very long time, the dog is sleeping in and the baby is sleeping in. Heaven. Silence.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. BUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. BUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUBUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, BUUUUUUUUUUBUUUUZZZZZ.

My neighbor decides this would be a good morning to use his industrial-grade chain saw to cut down a few trees and (from the sound of it) metal items as well.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? Seriously.

8 comments:

Chef Kevin said...

I know the feeling...it is why I'm awake and writing and reading blogs early on a Sat. AM. WOOF WOOF WOOF.

My Flock Rocks! said...

People don't have the common sense or courtesy...in our last house it was nothing to hear someone out on a Sunday morning (7:00am) mowing their lawn. Not that we were trying to sleep (yeah right) but you like to relax, have your coffee and read the paper without having to hear the buzzing.

Anonymous said...

I don't even need an alarm anymore on weekdays. The sounds of construction at Bradley start around 6:30.

Peoria Peepers said...

Our neighbor is a crazy leaf blower. No, she doesn't blow leaves at 6:30 a.m., but she blows leaves about six times a day. For 15 minutes stretches.
AND we have barking dogs, who are new in the last three years.
The other neighbor, he mows his yard on a riding mower. Three passes over the whole thing. Takes about an hour and a half.
What happened to peace and quiet?

Peoria Peepers said...

Not OUR barking dogs, by the way, one to the right and one to the left. We lucked out with the odd one that doesn't bark much at all.

Knight in Dragonland said...

My neighbor feels the need to honk his horn every time he pulls in or out of his driveway.

I don't know why, but it's darn annoying ... especially since the girls' bedrooms are on that side of the house.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, it makes me thankful for peaceful small town life. Other than people driving their tractors (including riding lawnmowers) up my street, it's pretty quiet.

Anonymous said...

My neighbor drives his Harley to work every morning, which won’t be a big deal if he didn’t go to work at 5:15 am. No need to set the alarm when I sleep with the windows open.