Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I'm Being Googled

As I have commented before, I enjoy looking at the statistics on my sitemeter. It just reinforces this notion that the internet is a truly amazing invention. I mean, before the internet, only the dog got to hear about my rambling rants. Lately, I have been keeping track of the search terms used on google that have pointed people toward my blog. Some of them are pretty funny.

"Gaudy gifts" from Boise, Idaho, referring to my post about rude invitations.

"Windy up skirt" from Seattle, Washington and "Dirty older men" from Amman, Jordan got people to this post.

"I look like Cindy Brady" from Babson Park, Massachusetts got to my randomness post.

"Eats Hostas" from Cleveland, Ohio; "dog keeps killing baby rabbits" from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; "dog hair deer repellent" from Framingham, Massachusetts; "liquid fence smell off my hands" from Geneva, Illinois; "killing rabbits Illinois" from Reston, Virginia; referring to my frustrations with rabbits and hostas.

"Natural Cheetos" from Savannah, Georgia. Apparently, someone was as shocked as I was.

"Bush's Trillions" from Englewood, Colorado brought in by my post on Karl Rove's impending departure.

"How to fix Diaper Genies that fall apart" from Prior Lake, Minnesota, found my baby stuff post. My advice? Just throw the damn thing away.

"Melissa and Doug duck lead paint" from Newburgh, New Jersey; "Chicco made in China" from New York, New York; "Lamaze Lead made in China" from Hoboken, New Jersey; and "Lucky jeans made in Mexico" from Swansea, Massachusetts came in because of my Made in China post. Apparently, people in the East Coast are very concerned about this issue.

"Baby blankie in Morton, Illinois" from someone in Elberta, Alabama. I have no idea how this got to my blog because it is a very specific search. I have never blogged about baby blankies or Morton, as far as I know.

"First time bra shopping" from Sunnyside, New York; and "Bra shoppping" from someone in the United States feeling my pain.

"Rabbit grapes" from Scarborough, Ontario and "Grapes fart" from Alberta, Canada got someone to my dog farting story.

"First boob squishing event" from someone else in the United States feeling my other pain.

"Strange coincidences" from Barcelona, Spain. I'm pretty sure they weren't looking for a post about the zoo.

A disturbing search called "kill my boyfriend" from Canada probably got a person to this post, but I wasn't trying to kill my boyfriend. I actually felt bad about the situation.

And the most disturbing so far: "Brother and sister playing strip chess." Yikes. Just to clear the record - I did not blog about brothers and sisters playing strip chess - I blogged about my sister-in-law playing regular chess by herself at Christmas.

Where did people find this information before the internet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of "squished boobs" during our visit to Great America last weekend it was obvious that roller coasters are not designed by women. One combo of restraint and pressure from the speed of the coaster felt almost exactly like a mammagram. Another ride made me question the supportiveness of my bra...