Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Well, Maybe This is Why They Point and Laugh

I was outside yesterday on my deck talking to my neighbor. He said, "Oh, the funniest thing happened. We were sitting outside over the weekend when we were watching our grandchildren. We had the baby monitor with us. As we were sitting here, I said to my wife, I think the baby is crying. She went inside to check on him and came out, confused, and said he was still sound asleep. We turned up the volume on the monitor and realized we could hear your son babbling in his bedroom. We must be able to pick up your baby monitor. Isn't that funny?"

I smiled and laughed but felt a little sick to my stomach. When I went inside, I started to think of all of the embarassing things they could have heard since I got the baby monitor 10 months ago. Yikes. I had no idea those things could pick up from other receivers in the vicinity. Thank god they don't watch their grandchildren every day.

But then I thought, I wonder who I can listen to on my baby monitor?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PH,
One night I stayed up late to watch a movie called "Baby Monitor: Sound of Fear" on Lifetime. I just had to watch it due to the title. I was imagining a Chucky-esque Baby Monitor that spoke in a creepy voice but, alas, here is the actual plot:
"A neglectful mother overhears her husband on the telephone at their workplace talking with their babysitter. She discovers they are having an affair and are going to have a baby. She concocts an evil plan to win back her husband and remove the girl and baby. Two men are hired to kill the girl and hold the son hostage in order for her to play the hero and reclaim her husband. The plan hits a snag when the criminals enter the wrong apartment."
Notice, no mention of the baby monitor? It only comes into play because the babysitter hears the bad guys break into a neighboring apartment via the baby monitor.
So just think, if you are ever in a failed love triangle, you just might be saved by your baby monitor.

Ms. PH said...

Who comes up with that stuff? I probably would have been sucked into watching it as well, just because of the title.

My Flock Rocks! said...

I have one, but I use it for the hubby when he's feeling under the weather cuz you know...men are babies when they are sick!