Monday, November 3, 2008

Creepiest Happy Meal Toy Ever.

I want to know who had the idea to crossbreed Madame Alexander dolls and the characters from the Wizard of Oz. Seriously . . . worst idea ever. And, even if fusing Madame Alexander dolls and characters from the Wizard of Oz was a good idea, like for characters such as Dorothy, the good witch, the munchkins, etc., who was the villiage idiot who thought young children would enjoy a Madame Alexander Flying Monkey?



What are they going to do next? Cabbage Patch Kid Transformers? (Well, we are almost finished with the prototype but these damn chubby cheeks keep getting in the way. There is no possible engineering solution to this problem. NO WAIT! I've got it! Chubby face cheeks transform to chubby butt cheeks. Perfect! Not creepy at all! Will be loved by the masses!)


Most kids I know (including myself) are scared shitless of the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz. Giving them the cute baby face did not help. Giving them the cute little cupie doll haircut didn't help either.

But here's another problem. See that little vest the monkey is wearing? OK, now see that tail sticking out behind the monkey? Yeah, well . . . that tail is not attached to the monkey. It is attached to the bottom of the monkey's vest. WTF?

I mean, if you are going to make a creepy possessed smurf colored three toed flying simian primate, why would you not at least try to attach its tail to its freaking body?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen! My kids are freaked out by the normal looking Madame Alexander dolls I don't even wanna know their reactions to this. I am thinkin Burger King for the next fast food run.

steenky bee said...

Um, say it isn't so. This did not come in a Happy Meal, did it? Sadly, I think my mom would find these oddly adorable since she has a thing for the MA dolls. I keep looking at them saying "What is that? I mean, really, what IS that thing?" This would make an awesome Halloween costume. Think about it!

Anonymous said...

One of the neighbor's kids came running up to me with one of those. My mouth got the better of me and I asked "What the hell is that?" She was thrilled to tell me then she said "It's creepy, isn't it?" I had to agree on that one.

snicketmom said...

I don't know what a Madame Alexander doll is, but that is super creepy. If Jennifer sees this, it will give her nightmares. Does this come in both the boy and girl happy meals? That was a major pet peeve of mine when I had kids that were happy meal age. "Is it for a boy or a girl?" "I'll take the hot wheel one." "Is it for a boy or a girl?" Does it matter? I don't know if they still do this, but it drove me crazy. But never have I seen anything as crazy as that monkey.

Anonymous said...

What the fuck?