Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Have You Ever?

Okay. I admit it. I've been lacking in blogging material that's coming out from the drafting stage the way I want it to. I have about six half-cooked posts sitting around that I just don't like well enough to publish. So, I'm stealing from someone. I read Lollygaggin's blog today and decided, "Hey! I want to play too!"

Plus . . . it is an easy way to write a post and I really want to beat my post number from last year.

Things I've Done

1. Started your own blog -Duh! You're reading it, silly.

2. Slept under the stars - Many times.

3. Played in a band - I played in many an orchestra and sort of in one band, but it was a bad idea from the get-go and I think my hip friends just felt sorry for the girl who could only play the violin.

4. Visited Hawaii - No, which is sad because my grandparents always wanted to take us but didn't get around to it before my grandmother died.

5. Watched a meteor shower - Yes.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity - Yes, both time and money.

7. Been to Disneyland - Yes.

8. Climbed a mountain - Well, not with like ropes and stuff, but hiked on trails, sure.

9. Held a praying mantis - No. Ew.

10. Sang a solo - Yes.

11. Bungee jumped - No.

12. Visited Paris - Yes, on my 17th birthday.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - The storm was at sea, I wasn't. That's dangerous.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - Sure, but I have no idea what this means. The art of sarcasm? Ya, you betcha!

15. Adopted a child - Not yet.

16. Had food poisoning - Yes, thank you Bennigans.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - Yes.

18. Grown your own vegetables - If herbs count, yes.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - Yes. Booooring.

20. Slept on an overnight train - Yes.

21. Had a pillow fight - Yes. Of course. That's what girls do when they hang out together, right?

22. Hitch hiked - No.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Well, never at my current job!

24. Built a snow fort - Yes. And I plan to again if we ever get enough snow and I have children who can actually walk in the snow.

25. Held a lamb - Like a real one? Why would I want to do that?

26. Gone skinny dipping - Yes . . . and got pulled out of the lake by the Minneapolis Police. Good times.

27. Run a Marathon - Puhlease . . . no.

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - No.

29. Seen a total eclipse - Yes. It was when I was in second grade.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - Of course.

31. Hit a home run - Yeah right. I consider it a home run if I actually hit the ball.

32. Been on a cruise - Not really, unless you count ferry rides, which I don't think you do.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - Yes.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - Yes. I was actually in the room where my mother was born (she was born at home in Sweden).

35. Seen an Amish community - Yes.

36. Taught yourself a new language - Not unless you count translating for my children when no one else can understand them.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - Yeah, right. No.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - No.

39. Gone rock climbing - Yes. I sucked at it.

40. Seen Michelangelo's David - Not in person.

41. Sung karaoke - Yes.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - Yes.

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - Um, no. Why would I do that?

44. Visited Africa - No.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Yes. Slept on the beach by moonlight as well.

46. Been transported in an ambulance - No.

47. Had your portrait painted - By someone other than my three year old? No.

48. Gone deep sea fishing - No.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - Not yet.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - Yes.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - No.

52. Kissed in the rain - Yes. Wonderful.

53. Played in the mud - Yes.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater - To see a movie? No.

55. Been in a movie - Yes. And not just home movies, either. A real, wide-release movie.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China - Not yet.

57. Started a business - No.

58. Studied a martial art - If kickboxing counts, then yes.

59. Visited Russia - No.

60. Served at a soup kitchen - Yes.

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - Yes. I sucked at it.

62. Gone whale watching - Yes.

63. Got flowers for no reason - Yes.

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - Yes.

65. Gone sky diving - No.

66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp - No.

67. Bounced a check - Hasn't everyone?

68. Flown in a helicopter - Yes.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - Tons of them. And I won't let my kids play with some of them either.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - Yes.

71. Eaten caviar - Of course. I probably will on Friday as well.

72. Pieced a quilt - Yes.

73. Stood in Times Square - No.

74. Toured the Everglades - No.

75. Been fired from a job - No.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - No.

77. Broken a bone - Yes. Well, technically, my brother broke it by pushing me backwards off a ledge, but it was my bone that was broken.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - No.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - No.

80. Published a book - Sort of. Not by myself, but I have co-authored two books.

81. Visited the Vatican - No.

82. Bought a brand new car - Yes.

83. Walked in Jerusalem - No.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper - Yes.

85. Read the entire Bible - Not the entire bible - but I read a good portion of it for religion classes in college. It is essential reading to understanding much of the world's literature and other arts.

86. Visited the White House - No.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Ugh . . . not unless you count fish.

88. Had chickenpox - No.

89. Saved someone’s life - Literally? No.

90. Sat on a jury - No.

91. Met someone famous - Several people.

92. Joined a book club - A couple of them.

93. Lost a loved one - Yes.

94. Had a baby - Depends on your definition of "having a baby"

95. Seen the Alamo in person - Yes. Waste. Of. Fucking. Time.

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - No. I've seen it, never swam in it. Do they let you?

97. Been involved in a law suit - Um . . . duh. Everyday.

98. Owned a cell phone - Yes.

99. Been stung by a bee - Yes.

100. Read an entire book in one day - Yes. That was before kids.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe that you haven't ever been to a drive-in movie! This summer we'll have to pack the kids up and head down to Springfield to their drive-in. It's actually pretty fun!

Vodka Mom said...

that wore me out. for real. (bounced a check? too many times to mention.)