Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dear Smart Car Driver . . .

I think it is absolutely wonderful that you have shown your green-superiority to the rest of us by purchasing a Smart Car. I think it is great that you can park your car at a bike rack instead of taking up one of my parking spaces. Frankly, I am jealous that you are using all of your excess gas money to buy Birkenstocks, clothing made from recycled plastic, and reusable tampons.

But I have one favor to ask. Just one little thing from this gas-car-driving consumer . . . .

Could you PLEASE drive the FUCKING SPEED LIMIT? I know you have a tiny electric car. I know it was a really, really big hill. I know it feels like you are driving a beer can with wheels and when I pass you in my Hyundai, the vibrations make it feel like your hubcaps are going to fly off. However, these things are not my problem.

What is my problem is you driving 30 miles per hour in a 45 mile per hour zone. Sure, I was feeling a little grumpy because I had just come from the mall where I had to deal with the drone-people who think they need to start Christmas shopping on NO-FREAKING-VEMBER 15th all because I promised my kid she could ride on the Christmas train. I take ownership for my part in this situation. I'm just asking you to drive the speed limit.

Or, like . . . five miles over the speed limit. THAT would be really nice.

5 comments:

Chef Kevin said...

And just to let them know, just because they have a frugal vehicle doesn't mean they have to poke around. I constantly test the speed limit laws in a 1993 Geo Metro and still get 40+ miles to the gallon.

Jennifer said...

Hmm... I don't have a smart car to excuse my seriously slow driving. No green excuse, either, just a really shitty car!

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

You sound like one of those beer commericals "And here's to you Mr Smart Car Driver...move your f***in ass" : )

Randall said...

It's not an electric car by the way.

Mahkno said...

The other driver was being deliberately pokey. The SMART car has enough zip to climb a hill.