Monday, November 10, 2008

Wow - I've Been Blinged



This has never happened to me before . . . Cameron from over at Get the Stink Off gave me some bling, which I was really excited about until I realized it was just some kinda girly square misspelled bannery thing. (I guess, unlike Cameron, I have not forfeited my man card.) But then he called me really smart and I forgave him and decided to play his game.

So, apparently, here are the rules:

(1) List six things that make you happy
(2) Pass the award on to 6 more kreativ bloggers
(3) Link back to the person who gave you the award
(4) Link to the people you are passing it on to and leave them a comment to let them know.
(5) Request scantily clad photos of your blogger friends of the opposite sex.

(Hmmm . . . I'm thinking I might not play part 5 of this game.)

But here are six things that make me happy, in no particular order:

(1) Veteran's Day. Since it's tomorrow, this is really timely happiness. I explained my reasons for loving Veteran's Day some time ago in this post, so I will not elaborate again. Let's just say: Day Off + Day Care Open + No Family Obligations = Happy Day.

(2) Laughing with my children. There is nothing better than raising children who have good senses of humor. I love laughing with them when they say something funny and know they've said something funny, and they are laughing because I am laughing and I am laughing because they are laughing. I just want to squeeze them and cover them with kisses when that happens.

(3) Office Supplies. I love office supplies. Everything from fancy paperclips to every shape of Post-It note, I love them. Particularly pens. And my favorite pens (Pilot V Ball Extra Fine in black) are very hard to come by, so they are usually on my Christmas list. Oh, and stickers and markers and calendars and three-hole-punches and white-out and staple removers and those rubber thumb thingys. I don't really know what those rubber thumb thingys are for, but I have one in my desk drawer. Just in case.

(4) Coffee, Chocolate, Wine, and Pastries. To be more specific, strong coffee, dark chocolate, good wine, and cream-filled pastries.

(5) Mail. Getting real mail makes me happy. Not bills or junk mail or catalogs or reminder notices. Real mail that someone handwrote, hand addressed, and put a stamp on. Makes me feel really special.

(6)

Now I have to link to six more creative bloggers. Hmmmm . . . . After careful consideration, I have decided to only link to female bloggers, because I think Cameron pretty much covered all of the male bloggers when he said his real favorite things were "family, friends, boobs, beer, food, and boobs." I could be wrong, but I don't think so. So, here are the six newest recipients of some blogger "bling."

Notes from the Trailerhood
It Was Only a Dream
Vanilla Bean Counter
Keep Passing the Open Windows
Cjay . . . What?
My Flock Rocks

*You may all think number six is blank. It isn't. It is written in invisible ink. A girl's entitled to have some secrets, isn't she? Well, some sort-of secrets, anyway, since number six was discussed in great length over here last night.

5 comments:

Rixblix said...

Hmmmm. I wonder what #6 could be. I somehow doubt it has to do with Reno or lobster...so I'll keep my guess to myself! :)

Anonymous said...

I love getting mail!! : ) I always hope that isn't my only joy in life when I get old....it is my number 1 fear! hehe

Anonymous said...

You sly devil, you! I love the fact that #6 is written in "invisible ink". ;O)

I would have to agree with you on your list of six things that make you happy. I've always loved snail mail, chocolate, and office supplies (for some reason).
I get a tingly feeling whenever I walk into an office supply store. :)

Cameron said...

Ha ha (imagine evil maniacal laughter)....my smarty compliment worked. Like butter, that's how you melted (or something like that). Thanks for playing along. ;)

steenky bee said...

I love office supplies too! I get the same rush when I buy new underwear. Everything seems more tidy and new. (with office supplies, not the underwear, although.....) I also keep a box of pencils at my desk just to sniff them. I love the smell of pencils.